Now that the 2016 elections are over, we have a new leader for the next four years. Whether you like the outcome or not, it is what it is and we, as Americans, are faced with a choice. We can work FOR a unified nation, or AGAINST it. So now comes the question of how we move forward because no matter how we choose to respond, we will always be bmoving forward. Here are seven (7) points I think we need to consider.
- Get informed before you state something as fact. Do your research before you make yourself sound ignorant.
- IGNORE THE MEDIA! As a former member of the media, I know from experience that the main goal is to sensationalize the news to get better ratings.
- Discuss; Don’t argue. Decent and calm conversation about the issues will go farther than arguing like children.
- Be kind to each other and peacefully make your voice heard. Protests are a right, but when they get destructive, it helps no one.
- Unify. If we are divided, we are weak.
- Be proud to be an American. If you are a citizen of the United States, you are blessed. Act like it.
- Be the change you want to see. Instead of being a loud mouth, put your money where your mouth is and do something positive about it if you’re not happy with the state of things.